Welcome to Kuala Lumpur

Welcome to Kuala Lumpur. Please use the search box below on the left hand side of the page, to quickly find tips and information for living in KL. To receive regular updates and tips please become a follower and subscribe at the bottom of the page. I welcome all your emails at: expatliving@hotmail.co.uk

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Wonderful Malaysian Fauna: Cyber Moth

I am not usually an insect fan but this little fellow caught my eye the other day. A little moth with excellent  camouflage. Looked like something out of a science-fiction novel. Have a close look and see that it tricks it's enemies by having replica eyes and tentacles at the back of it's body. Really clever!!
Living near the jungle means we get all sorts of living creatures visiting our flat. Some are relatives from abroad but the rest are species from the jungle!!


5 comments:

  1. Quick thinking and good shot on your side too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie, I had to get a photo of it cause I have never seen anything like this before!
    By the way I had a reader query about planting trees in Malaysia and I passed them onto your blog. I hope they have been in touch. Enjoy your long weekend!!
    Cheers,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm glad I stumble into your blog. Welcome to Malaysia! I'm not sure if this is a moth or butterfly, but it is certainly a rare shot. In fact, I think you have captured not 1, but 2 butterflies/moths mating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, thank you very much for your comment and your welcome to Malaysia. I do indeed feel very welcome here.
    You are absolutely right that it looks like 2 moths/butterflies but it flew around a bit and it definitely was only one moth. Isn't it great!
    Thanks and keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, how unusual! I hope one day someone will help you ID this moth. It is really a smart one.

    ReplyDelete

Overseas Blog

Featured Malaysia Blog on GO! Overseas