Welcome to Kuala Lumpur

Welcome to Kuala Lumpur. Please use the search box below on the left hand side of the page, to quickly find tips and information for living in KL. To receive regular updates and tips please become a follower and subscribe at the bottom of the page. I welcome all your emails at: expatliving@hotmail.co.uk

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Street food in KL: Traditional Ice cream

I just love roasted maize, reminds me of home. So I was over the moon when I came across these guys opposite Sephora near the Pavillion Shopping Mall. The maize was delicious and so in-expensive.
You must try some if you come across this anywhere in KL.

Have you tried some traditional Ice cream delivered on a motorbike? The ice cream comes in square cubes. I have never seen ice cream like this before and they were selling fast!!













Pandan is  Pandan or Screw Pine Leaf
Keladi is Yam
Kelapa is Coconut
Jagung is Maize

Yummy flavours!?!

4 comments:

  1. Not so sure about the flavours! Never seen ice-cream in cubes before..

    Duncan In Kuantan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Duncan,
    I know it was a real novelty for us too! In fact we were so gob smacked that we hesitated to buy one. Our mistake, as they were soon all sold out!
    Nice to read about your complaint being taken seriously-it is refreshing these days when that happens but it is still too rare! I actually train people in customer services and complaint handling skills so if you don't mind I would like to use your experience as a local example of good complaint handling. Cheers for now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very interesting to see my country from your expat perspective. Fun! We call it "ais krim potong" meaning "cut ice cream". The ice cream used to come in huge blocks and if you wanted to buy one, the ice cream seller would cut off a long piece and poke a stick (similar to a satay stick) into this piece and we ate them this way. The flavours are very Malaysian - you can also get this all ready and cut up in supermarkets (in the cold storage freezer sections). Other delicious flavours include red bean, coconut and black "pulut" or black glutinous rice. You must try this! They're creamy, sweet and have flavours you won't find anywhere else in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi MayaKirana,
    Thank you for your comment and educating me on ais krim potong. I find it all so original and facinating and now I will hunt some down in Cold Storage to try some!! Thanks for the info.
    Take care,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete

Overseas Blog

Featured Malaysia Blog on GO! Overseas